All students receive 2 thirty minutes of recess daily. The additional recess is beneficial for the development of children academically, socially, and emotionally. This is based in research and links to some of the studies are provided for you.
Monies from the fair fundraiser allow our students to take multiple field trips throughout the school year. CCA values field trips and opportunities for our students to explore new places, ideas, and have new experiences.
Other monies raised currently are being reserved to improve our gym floor. The support of the community and CCA families make a difference for our students. THANK YOU!
Canaan Community Academy fundraising consists of events and donations. The two biggest events are the school fair and the fall festival.
Other ways to help us raise monies by purchasing things you normally would is by:
1. Registering your Kroger card in the Community Rewards program (select Canaan Community Academy as your school) https://www.kroger.com/topic/school-programs
2. Complete Amazon purchases through the Amazon Smile site (select Friends of Canaan as your charity) https://smile.amazon.com
3. If you are eating out on the second Tuesday of the month, eat at the Madison Pizza Hut.
4. If you bank with German American Bank ask for the CCA debit card and every purchase will donate monies to us (every penny counts).
5. We collect box tops for education; please clip and send to CCA.
Students are expected to read 20 minutes daily. They can read anything that interests them. Please read 20 minutes daily to students who are not fluent readers yet.
Students are expected to study for tests.
Tips on how to study for tests;
We value your time with your child. The no homework policy allows the family to spend more time together without stressing over homework.
Canaan Community Academy strives to keep book fees affordable. This year there will be no book fees for all students. The school will be purchasing school supplies for all students to limit possible spread of viruses. The supply fee is $20.00 per student.